Monday, November 17, 2008

Possible Concerns / Please Pray

Well it has been a while since I've posted anything on Katie's journal. For the most part she's been doing really well. The medication has seemed to be side-affect-free and Katie has been busy with school and church and just doing fine.

Well, last night while I was preaching, I looked over at Katie (she was sitting in the second row, off to my right) and she was rapidly moving her eyes left and right. I noticed her early on in the message and she was sitting there, paying attention, taking notes, etc. Then I noticed that she was just sitting still, making those rapid eye movements. At first it tickled me and I had to look away from her to keep myself from letting out a little burst of amusement. Then about 30 seconds later, I looked at her again and she was still doing it. I immediately felt a sense of panic come over me and without hesitation, I looked at her and said, "Are you okay?" I repeated myself because at first she didn't respond. She nodded her head, indicating that she was okay. I went on preaching.

I have since found out that while she was visiting with her grandma last Friday, she had done the same thing. Today, Katie experienced severe dizziness and headache at school. She came home from school and did her homework, but she was very run down. Tonight Sandra told me that Katie told her that in recent days she had caught herself doing it on more than one occasion.

Needless to say, Sandra and I are now concerned that something abnormal is going on. These are all signs of seizure activity. Sandra plans on calling and consulting with the neurologist tomorrow.

So, at first we thought it was just a little thing, but now we're wondering. Please keep Katie in your prayers. We will make updates as we find out some answers.

Thanks!

No comments: