Monday, March 19, 2007

11:40 p.m. Update - Second Needed Seizure - AND LAST!!

At 11:23 p.m. Katie had another seizure. This time it was a simple partial seizure. This is contrasted with the complex partial in that her ability to speak and respond to verbal stimuli remained during the entire 3 minute long seizure. There was no body jerking, eye twitching, or loss of consciousness. The head doctor (no pun intended; the chief doctor) was in the room at the time doing some language recognition tests, so he saw the whole thing. The monitor showed massive fluctuations of seizure activity in the same area of the tumor, only this time without all the side effects. After monitoring the seizure, he was confident that they will not need to map any more seizure activity. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!! He ordered her Keppra (seizure medication) to resume via I.V. This is such an answer to prayer. Only one bad seizure, then a bad one with no side effects - NO MORE!

Katie could still have a seizure because the medication takes time to build back up in her system. Still, no more seizure mapping. Tomorrow they will do more brain mapping. This is simply to monitor and map brain activity.

At this point, I think Sandra and I will be able to get some shut-eye so that we can be alert for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Aunt Tina :) said...

Pastor and family, You don't know me, but I met you at the Legacy Five concert on March 9. Please know that I put Katie on our church prayer chain the next day.I go to Metro Baptist in Belleville. Our pastors wife has our prayer chain going around the world, so Katie has thousands of people praying for her. I know the Lord is giving you a special grace.And I know that Katie will be fine. She has the Great Physician on her team. God Bless