Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some Escalation in Minor Complications

9:25 p.m. - Not seizure related, as much as irritations; such as severe body itching, and numbness and tingling in the right fingers. Nausea is still a big issue. Sandra and I are really feeling physical fatigue. My medication for my arthritis is not keeping up with the needed relief. Please pray for us tonight (I feel silly asking that, knowing that you all are doing that) that God will give us the needed physical...

OK, it's been 45 minutes since I started typing this post. We've spent all our time with a nurse, trying to get Katie calmed down. She's been experiencing severe nausea, dizziness, and some double vision. The nurse thinks it's due to some of the meds she's been given. Either way, it's been rough. She's just now started to calm down after the nurse suggested laying her on her left side. The problem now is her ICP (having to do with the pressure on her brain) has been rising.

Gotta go.

3 comments:

Tamtot said...

Hey Hugan Family,
Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you ALL down here in Georgia.
What a testimony you all have,I'm so impressed that in the midst of your trial, you're requesting prayer for people you are meeting that also have needs.
God is faithful.
Tammy (Lamb) Totten & Family

ChristianMom3 said...

Dear Bro. Bob and Sandra,
Hello, just letting you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Katie couldn't be in a better hospital or in better care! We pray God's grace will be sufficient to you all in this very challenging and exhausting time. It is not silly to ask for continue prayers...and we will definitely continue to pray for you as will our church.
II Corinthians 4:17
God Bless,
The Herald Family

Carl said...

Pastor and family,

Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers continually. I am so thankful that all the medical staff there is so focused on Katie's care, and I know it all comes from the great God that we serve. His hand is truly upon your family.

Katie, I am praying for you and the doctors as they prepare for your surgery tomorrow. Pastor and Sandra, I pray that you will both be able to get the rest that you need.

Carl