Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tired Without A Cause ??

I never knew one could be so tired without doing anything. I suppose this is how such heavy burdens affect us.There have been a few tense moments dealing with the insurance and doctors' assistants, but for the most part it's just sitting; waiting. All the while Katie just plugs along like nothing is happening. I can tell as March 20th is getting closer I'm getting a little more tense. It's not affecting my behavior or attitude, just deep inside my soul. I know it's all in the Lord's hands and the doctors say it should all go well. Then I start to ponder the details of the surgery that I know about and it kind of knots my stomach. Not the unpleasantness of the surgery; I'm fine with that. But the thought of it being my daughter.

There's one thing I know - God's been good, God is good, and God will be good -
forever!

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

What more do we need?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bob and Family: We continue to think of you daily and know that your faith is steadfast..but you are parents and with that,God gives us such a feeling of love and responsibility that it can overwhelm the soul. I remember when our son died and then our other son became chronicly ill that those were times that I look back now and say God was sooo close and conforting and in the end I knew thatgoing through those situations caused me to love him and trust him even more. I am proud of you both for showing the power of God in your lives and believing that ALL things are possible through our FATHER who loves us more than we can fathom. God Bless you all, everything will be ok. Our Love, Larry and Dianne